Name | : | New Karaiskaki Stadium | Address | : | Possidonos Avenue, Faliro-Athens | Capacity | : | 33334 | Record | : | 42.415 (Olympiakos - AEK, 7 April 1965) | Opened | : | 2004 | Other | : | The stadium was rebuilt for the 2004 Olympics. From 1895 the stadium was known as "Velodrome" and was used for cycling races mostly. From 1964 it is known as "Karaiskaki Stadium", named after the Greek hero who lived during the revolution against the Turks. |
|
|
| |
Name | : | Apostolos Nikolaidis (Leoforos) | Address | : | P.O. Box 62, 19002 Peania Attika | Capacity | : | 17100 | Record | : | 26126 (Panathinaikos-AEK Athens, 1963) | Opened | : | 1922 | Other | : | Take the trolley bus (yellow colour - #7, #8 and #14) which stops right outside the stadium.
A more convenient way of travelling is the metro. "Ambelokipi" station of line 3 is only 200m from the ground. |
|
|